Thirty years of no-nonsense business experience.
Simply explained. Step-by-step.
Create a Business From Your Strengths
- Become an innovator with a proven process used by successful entrepreneurs
- Practical ways to grow the mindset of an entrepreneur
- Why your hobbies, part-time jobs, and time spent with family are powerful assets for your new business
- How to learn any new technology
Build Your Business One Day at a Time
- Why you should not listen to your customers
- The secret to making your passion become the perseverance that an entrepreneur needs to succeed
- How (and why) to pick a co-founder
- How to price products and services
- Why better is not always best
What You Have is All You Need
- Why having less money can make you more likely to succeed
- Why almost all startups look for investment before they're ready (and how to know when it's time)
- Why frugality is the greatest gift of time and money to your team
- The essential financial skills that all entrepreneurs need
- How to survive (and thrive) with investors
Go Big and Scale Your Business
- Why different is better than better
- How to build a whole-brained team
- Why sending intro emails to friends can change your life
- How to design and test your product
- How to avoid competitors
- Learn the two key ways to scale any business
- See why entrepreneur is the most ethical job title on earth
"This was the only way we could stay afloat...
My composure collapsed and I broke down sobbing. Our employees stood stunned."
As seen in
What Entrepreneurs and Thought Leaders Are Saying About Unleash...
"The definitive primer for entrepreneurs, filled with invaluable wisdom and uncommon insights."
– Joon Yun M.D., President, Palo Alto Investors, Creator of the $1 Million Palo Alto Longevity Prize
"Fortune 100 enterprises will find Unleash Your Inner Company invaluable."
– John S. Reed, Former Chairman of Citigroup and New York Stock Exchange
"Successful entrepreneurs like John Chisholm seldom jump conceptual and almost never write books like John’s, full of deep thinking and well worth reading."
– Bob Metcalfe, Founder 3Com, Co-inventor of Ethernet, University of Texas at Austin Professor of Innovation
"John Chisholm's successful example guides us on a fascinating journey. We learn not only how to create a company but how entrepreneurship drives economic growth and development, and how it benefits the whole of society."
– Prince Michael of Liechtenstein, Founder and Chairman of Geopolitical Information Service AG
"John Chisholm provides aspiring entrepreneurs with the mental models that most of us had to learn by making mistakes. An essential read for anybody trying to apply or build tomorrow’s technology."
– Joe Lonsdale, Co-founder of Formation 8, Palantir Technologies, Addepar, and OpenGov
"John Chisholm’s achievements as an entrepreneur reflect signature MIT values – a passion for hands-on problem solving, an affinity for technological solutions and a commitment to making the world a better place. With Unleash, he distills the lessons of a lifetime to give aspiring entrepreneurs a head start on success."
– L. Rafael Reif, President, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
"John Chisholm not only offers an excellent practical guide to entrepreneurship, but also helps you through the toughest personal decisions like what business to start and which co-founders to choose. A must-read for anyone considering starting a company from an accomplished Silicon Valley entrepreneur."
– Mark Gorenberg, Managing Director, Zetta Venture Partners
"Profitably read as a business book but, much more fundamentally, it is an insightful and inspiring guide on how each of us can achieve far more of our potential and create environments where all parties are better off."
– John Hagel, Founder and Co-Chairman of the Deloitte Center for the Edge and author
"Unleash Your Inner Company shows people from all walks of life, step by step, how to do what they love, achieve financial independence, and make the world a better place through entrepreneurship. People across the nation and the world should embrace this book."
– Lorraine Hariton, Former Special Representative for Commercial and Business Affairs, US Department of State
"Chisholm emerges as the Yoda of startups. He unleashes a rare combination of human insight and the wisdom on the inner game of entrepreneurship."
– Rob Johnson, President, Institute for New Economic Thinking
"Chisholm has written from his lifelong experience in business and created a wonderful book. Everyone should read it."
– Steve Mariotti, Founder of the Network For Teaching Entrepreneurship and Author of An Entrepreneur’s Manifesto
"Those with the ambition to launch a new company should read this book carefully."
– Jim Champy, Coauthor of Reengineering the Corporation